Every time we open up a new application with the bank, we have to prove that you are who we say you are (and not a robot) with an ID check of some description.
Because we do a lot of our meetings via Zoom, we’ve found the most reliable way to do this is a screenshot of our initial call with you that shows your broker, you, and your photo ID (a driver’s license or passport). For some applications, we’ll get you to send through the screenshot of yourself without needing to hold a meeting (this is only for our existing clients).
- Make sure you have your driver’s license or passport with you prior to your video call, so you don’t have to waste time running to get it
- Hold your driver’s license or passport so that all details are clear and legible (well, as much as they can be on a video call)
- Make sure your face is clearly visible
- Hide half your face behind your driver’s license or passport when you hold it up
- Have a bright light shining on your driver’s license or passport so we can’t read it
- Hold your driver’s license or passport too far back so we can’t read it
- Hold your driver’s license or passport so that part of it is off the screen